TRP DONGY Interview

May 15, 2016




                                                     Ogphizow meets Trp Dongy


Photo by : ReezyRich

Trp & Ogphizow
during the one on one game



Photo by: ReezyRich

Trp & Ogphizow

pose for a picture after the 10 questions challenge

Photo by ReezyRich

TRP Dongy attempting a dunk








Cape Town movement and record label west wing academy undoubtedly had a good summer over the past year or so dropping hit singles like season yama yazkuza and a remix of Hype liyakuza’S slikour online underdog day winning single ‘ungasabi’ . West wing had a new kid on the block named Trp Dongy and so far since his rise to prominence the kid was making a killing I was interested in getting to know the young man only 17 years of age but was rapping better than most adult rappers on the scene before him. I became interested in the young rapper journey after hearing a hot remix of rudeworld records artist Boolz hit single aphe ekapa. So I hit up his manager Bruce aka showbiz and I invited the two over for lunch to my Cape Town Southern Suburban home, they were going to chill with the O.G.


Photo by :ReezyRich

Trp & Ogphizow outside Pizza fair,
 Constantiaberg Mall, Cape Town,


Keeping their professionalism intact the two arrived on time, so we were able to start in time, so I hit up and coming graphic designer Reezy to help document the interview. So we got in the car we were going for a few drinks and a game of one on one b.ball , while I was in the car I requested some unheard Trp music be played and upon request I was treated to some unreleased music the rapper has recorded over the past year or so. 






Photo by : ReezyRich




It was a short drive to Constantiaberg Mall from my Home, so we had a few drink and there I  had time , to get to know the young rapper a bit better and to find out where his musical journey started and where it was going to. The humble young man was will to answer any question I threw at him.



Before making him do the 10 questions challenge I challenged Trp to a short game of one on one , to see if he had other skills away from the mic, (the clips from the game can be viewed on the video's below)


After a good session  in the parking lot court , we had a sit down and it was time for the 10 questions, where every guest that I have has to answer 10 questions of my liking whether comfortable with the question or not, and like the WSC interview i wasnt going to make the questions easy. 




Trp& Ogphizow
during the 10 questions challenge
Photo by : ReezyRich

Trp & Ogphizow
 just before the one on one game






10 questions challenge:

1. When did you discover your passion for rapping?

It’s been a while; I think it was about grade 4 to be exact so from there the rest is history

2.  Do your parents know that you make music, and if they do how do they feel about it?

Yeah , my parents do know, my dad isn’t too happy about it considering the stigma of drugs and all that other stuff associated with music , my mom on the other hand is kind of low key pushing it, but you know with every parent school comes first, as long as it doesn’t affect my academics its ok for now

3. After you dropped aphe ekapa remix which was received well by listeners, did you gain popularity at school?

Hahaha, yes a bit, but everyone at school kind of knew I rapped even the teachers, they even played my song over the intercom.

4. How was the season yama yakuza as a 16 year old for?

It was a great experience, it really help put me on as a rapper on the scene, I feel like a lot of people that didn’t know I rap know now


5. Touch the producer of boolz hit single, has some kind of relation to you right? And do you plan on working with him?

Yeah touch is my cousin, and I didn’t know he even produces until I saw his soundcloud profile and I liked the apha ekapa beat, and yeah I plan on working with him and doing an ep.

6. Do you plan on dropping an e.p this year?

I’m actually planning on dropping two tapes this year, on with my cousin Touch and another one with sharlie Beanero who’s our other in house producer at west wing , but yeah Ill definitely drop one this year.

7. Obviously you did a lot of gigs at over 18s spots, did that attract a lot of older women and what do they say when they find out your age?

“Hahaha”, I don’t tell them.

8. What’s it like being under the same label as Hype & Amilca who arguably one of the finest M.C.s in Cape Town, how much pressure is there on you to prove yourself as great m.c?

So far it’s been a great experience, I’ve learnt a lot from them, so yeah the pressure is there but I’m also tryna be the best so I want to be better than them…. (Smiles and looks away)

9. who would you like to work with in Cape Town & out of Cape Town?

Youngsta is definitely someone id like to work with, I’m a bit fan of his work and out of Cape Town it would be AKA , but I’m tryna keep in Cape Town for now.

10. Ok last question before we wrap it up, do you plan on doing music after high school? Or do your parents want you to study something else?


Yeah id definitely like to do music after high school, maybe sound engineering, obviously any other parent my dad wants me to do something that will get me a good job, but he’ll come around eventually.



Photo by : ReezyRich
Trp
 infront of the doll house




Links and Reference:

Trp Dongy - Aphe ekapa remix


https://soundcloud.com/search?q=trp%20aphe%20ekapa



Trp Dongy x Amilca Mezarati - Diamonds and pearls


https://soundcloud.com/westwingacademy/trp-diamonds-pearls-feat-amilca-mezarati-prod-by-sharlie-beanero



Trp Dongy - 2K16 LA freestyle


https://soundcloud.com/westwingacademy/trp-2k16-la-freestyle-prod-by-sharlie-beanero



Lype-Liyaku x Trp Dongy x Amilca Mezarati - ungasabi remix 



https://soundcloud.com/westwingacademy/hype-liyaku-ungasabi-remixft-trp-amilca-mezarati-prod-by-sharlie-beanero




Clips from the one on one game 

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe